Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Favorite Cupcake Experience


I love sweets.  Well, I love food in general.  But one of my all time favorite experiences involves Jennifer Schea's Trophy Cupcakes and my dear friend Alyson Soma, Director of F&B at the Space Needle.

Once a month or so, I buy a dozen of Jennifer's delectable creations from her shop in Pacific Place Mall. Clear tote in hand.  I make my way to the corporate headquarters of the Space Needle for one purpose: sweets and conversation.

After arriving, basically the same thing happens.  There's usually some screams, hugging and jumping up and down.  And then Alyson usually gets up and hugs me.

We exchange hello's, how are you's and it's been too long. We then peel open the lid with child like zeal as we both ooh and aahh over the 12 mouth-watering selections.  Both of us are rambling at this point, but more affixed on which choice we'll make.

After choosing our heavenly cupcake, we put on our superhero rings and commence to doing what Alyson and I do best as friends;  chat, eat and laugh.


It's often the best hour of my day as our conversations bounce from food, relationships, news and what's going on in Seattle is usually debated, dedicated and decapitated (Oh appropriate time for a shout out to David and Sean.  Two great guys at the Needle as well).  And every time I leave, I can' t help but feel fortunate for having the opportunity to share time with someone who adds value to my life, over food that adds value to my taste buds.  This, is my Favorite Cupcake Experience.

The next time you have a break or can choose a coffee or some new juice concoction.  My suggestion. Get a Trophy Cupcake (or twelve).  Make time with a good friend and spend it catching up.   The cupcakes will take you back to when being with your friends was the most important part of your life.  You'll depart each other rejuvenated and much happier in life.  Well, that or on a sugar rush.




No comments:

Post a Comment