Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Making your tux stand out in a crowd


      A few weeks ago, my good friend Tracy threw a 50 shades of grey party.  With 800 plus socialites all dressing to knock the lights out, one can easily get lost in the hues of black, grey, red and nude...

I knew going into it that I was going to wear a tux.  I have three, but I knew that my modern tux would be the best fit, if I could make it pop uniquely. Some of my favorite tux looks are a black jacket, white vest, white shirt and a white tie (bow or otherwise).  I opted for white on white look utilizing a patterned tie. And since I was attending a bondage themed event, my bit of naughty fun was a pair of gold handcuffs -tie clip that I received as a gift.

The white on white could naturally stand on their own, but since it's me, I decide to really draw attention to my cuffs by throwing in a vibrant blue and white pocket square.  I was actually really happy with the turn out.  The sheer black from the tux, pristine white shirt and slightly off white-matching vest and tie really came together....and yes, everyone loved the cuff links.



As a final tie in, I had recently purchased vintage gold seahorse cuff links at an estate sale (loved this find, thank you Lindsey).  Though not a whole lot of people notice your cuff links, certain people do and you'd be surprised how many great conversations and new friends - dates - people you can add to your life just by having something as simple and unique like these pieces.

Today, I don't have much advice besides, when getting dressed, don't be afraid to be a little bold. Spice up your outfit with something that maybe only 2-3 of you in a crowded room will get and laugh (in a good way) over.  You'll make a deeper connection with those people...and who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and find your cuffs and tie clip on someone else's night stand (wink, wink).


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to start calling you Dapper Drew. You bring Style to Seattle. 👍

    ReplyDelete