Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What is that you want?

It's been a long while since my last post.  I've never been that good at writing, so go figure that it's the first thing to go when I get busy.

My question, "What is it that you want?"  I ask this to myself quite often.  Not in the context that you may think however.

Like many of us socially-plugged in fiends, I find myself on Facebook posting my food, commenting to friends and scoping out what's trending.  Doing so is not free from distraction; ads.  They pop up in my feed and on the side.  Some make sense, others I'm often interestingly perplexed about.

I've read several times that Facebook tracks what we click and view and then determines what ads to put in front of us.  If this is true, then what I click, like and view is definitely a 180 degree difference from what I am truly into or enjoy in real life.

Next time you're on Facebook, take a look at the ads.  Do they make sense, or are they as left field as mine?  If you're the latter, maybe you can help me out.  Because according to Facebook. I have no idea what the hell I truly want.


No comments:

Post a Comment