Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Breakfast for Dinner

It could be the best oxymoron on earth.  Truly.  Eggs, bacon, pancakes, chicken-fried steak, bacon (yes, again).  It doesn't seem to matter your favorite combination or how you cook it, breakfast for dinner is almost as special as Christmas.


.  

I think one thing that helps keep it such an unique and exciting meal option is because of the rarity.  I love things like pizza, burgers and chips and eat those almost daily.  Yet, I am not sure if I could eat breakfast every night for dinner (the irony being that I can eat breakfast every morning for well...breakfast).

But you know.  As I write this.  I realized I have never tried to eat breakfast for dinner in any consistency.  I wonder.  Is it like Vegas and too much of it is not a good thing? Or, would I fall helplessly in love with breakfast for dinner?

I feel a challenge coming on and will have to try it out for a week.  I may be thought of as genius or just plain crazy.  Either way.  At least I'll be eating good.

My favorite places for breakfast
1.) Home (yes, I do cook pretty damn well)
2.) CJ's (not open for dinner sadly)
3.) 5 Spot
4.) Boat Street
5.) Americana
6.) Geraldines
7.) Portage Bay
8.) Ma'Ono
9.) Lola
10.) Nook
11.) Biscuit Bitch (god this place is good)
12.) Lost Lake

There they are. NO real order (except for number 1).  Others will disagree, but I chose my locations for places that indulge us with hearty servings, home made ingredients (to the best of my knowledge) and that this feels like home type of meal.  Breakfast doesn't need to be fancy to me.  Just straightforward.



No comments:

Post a Comment